The Key To Creating Information Products That Sell … Even In Overcrowded, Highly-Competitive Markets
By Jimmy D. Brown
I want you to add a new word to your business vocabulary –
The word is “specialization”.
A new age has dawned in information marketing. And it’s the age of “specialization”.
Before I explain how this will help you create information products that sell like crazy, let me give you a very brief history lesson.
(I promise, this won’t hurt a bit. 🙂
Information products online have evolved since I logged onto the Internet back in 1999…
1) THE SIMPLE AGE.
Times were simple back when I first came online. And so were the information products. Way back when, information products weren’t readily available online like they are today. If you could find ANY information on the topic you were interested in, you grabbed it.
2) THE SYSTEMATIC AGE.
As more and more people learned how to create and market information products online, a new era emerged: the “systematic” era. This was a time when huge information products were created with hundreds of pages. The idea was to create comprehensive courses on a particular topic.
3) THE SEPARATION AGE.
As “internet marketing” and other business-related markets became inundated with product offerings, the birth and rapid growth of “niche marketing” occurred. People began separating themselves from the crowd and focused on “tiny niche topics” of interest.
4) THE SPECIALIZATION AGE.
Again competition came – even in these small niches. While there is still money to be made by focusing on these tiny, untapped markets — the well is drying up at a fast rate. Now enters a new age … the “specialization” age of information marketing.
Which brings us to the lesson –
There is a LOT of money to be made by creating small, 7-15 page reports
on PRECISE topics.
Most consumers would rather NOT sift through 100 pages of information to find out how to do something they are interested in, nor would they like to pay for 100 pages of information when they only need chapter 3.
With more and more products available on the market, consumers are getting pickier and pickier. They want what they want and only what they want.
Perhaps the biggest untapped information gold mine lies in this concept of creating small reports on precise topics.
* 17 Ways to Find New Affiliates Using Google.com
* How To Walk Off 7 Pounds in 7 Days
* 3 Ways To Get Your Next Vacation Free Of Charge
* The 15-Minute Guide To Stalling A Divorce
* Top 7 Ideas For Starting A Homeschool Support Group
7-15 page reports that sell anywhere from $10-$100, depending upon the information.
And the benefits of writing these small reports are staggering –
1. You can write a small report in just a few hours of one day.
2. The profit per page ratio is astounding – 10 pages for $10 is a dollar per page per customer.
3. Small reports are MUCH easier to write than full-length courses.
4. There is a never-ending supply of topics for small reports.
5. You maximize the lifetime value of your customer. In other words, you can sell report after report to the SAME customer.
6. A series or collection of your small reports can be bundled into premium-priced courses over time.
7. When “hot topics” emerge (almost daily!) you can quickly crank out a small report to strike while the iron is hot.
8. When other marketers are seeing success with their products, you can create a complementary report to offer for sale as a supplement.
9. Many people can’t afford to buy (or refuse to buy) high-priced courses – but virtually anyone can whip out $10-$15.
The list could go on and on.
I’ve been creating small reports for a long time. In fact, I make over $15,000 in PROFIT every month from just ONE of my sites.
I know this works.
And not just for me.
I had a customer recently email me to let me know he sold 420 copies of his VERY FIRST small report, during its first month.
So, what I want to convince you to do is this –
***TRY IT FOR YOURSELF****
Create a small 7-15 page report and begin selling it online and see what kind of results you see.
A new information age has dawned – the age of specialization!
Create your own “special” reports and get your piece of the pie.
Do you have an idea for a great Small Report, but need some help? Check out “How To Improve Your Information W.R.I.T.I.N.G.™” by clicking here. You’ll learn useful tips to help you in the writing process – so you’ll be able to create information products faster, easier and, ultimately, better — and that’s more money in the bank.